b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Evil & God

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Read, James C" <K0434995 AT kingston.ac.uk>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Evil & God
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 12:27:32 +0100

Yah is the creator of good and bad!

But what does that mean?

Does that mean that he purposefully created Satan with bad intentions?
Does that mean that he purposefully created man to fall from perfection in
the garden at Eden?

Or does it simply mean that he is the definer of what is right and wrong?
And that he earnestly wishes for us all to do what is right?

DoesYah define what is wrong and then do it himself?
Or does he give us a fine example of what is right? And hope that we follow
it?

The account of Job in no way gives the impression that Yah is the instigator
of the trials,
but rather the conceder and allower of such. By allowing the trials he was
expressing his
faith in his servant Job's ability to resist the temptation to curse his
Father and this was
an amazing and honourific expression of love.
While Satan's goal was clearly for Job to fall in disfavour and to perish. Is
it for no reason
that his very name means adversary? The two could not be more distinct and
opposite in
their desires.
Yah says 'Do this' because he wants us to live.
Satan says 'Do that' because he wants us to die.

Security System.