b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] 2Sam24:1 v Exo5:1

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Read, James C" <K0434995 AT kingston.ac.uk>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] 2Sam24:1 v Exo5:1
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 12:33:05 +0100

Exodus 5:1 is a very interesting verse. It says that 'they' went in to
Pharoah and said.

It is easy to see by the 3mp suffix that they both went in. But who did the
talking? Moses? Aaron? or both?
If we are to use the implied subject alone we would conclude that both did
the talking. But does that agree
with the context of the larger story at hand?

Security System.