b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] 2Sam24:1 subjects

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Read, James C" <K0434995 AT kingston.ac.uk>
  • To: "Yitzhak Sapir" <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] 2Sam24:1 subjects
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:46:21 +0100

Yitzhak wrote:
The problem is not just finding an ambiguous context. The issue is an
ambiguous context where the (real) agent isn't referenced at all. In the
prior
example you gave (Exodus 2:19-20), Reu'el and Moses ("an Egyptian
man") were both mentioned in the preceding verses (18-19). So the
ambiguity only involves two agents who are mentioned in the verses.
END QUOTE

Not really! Because the real agent is more likely to be Yah's messenger than
Yah himself.