b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Oral Torah: (WAS: Is.45:7 God created evil?)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • To: "Read, James C" <K0434995 AT kingston.ac.uk>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Oral Torah: (WAS: Is.45:7 God created evil?)
  • Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 10:31:26 -0400

This article might be of interest

http://www.aish.com/literacy/concepts/The_Oral_Tradition.asp

While I do not rule this out as a possibility I would have great difficulty
in accepting the oral torah as being 'god-breathed' if it were to contradict
the fundamental ideas in the tanakh.
Another difficulty I have is how the oral torah could have survived through
Mennaseh's rule. The law that Josiah read was evidently very knew knowledge
to him.
However, non-the-less I am interested in hearing what the oral torah has to
say on this matter.