b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] OT- perspective (was Josiah's book of the Law)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • To: Yitzhak Sapir <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] OT- perspective (was Josiah's book of the Law)
  • Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 23:42:00 +0100

On 05/08/2005 17:29, Yitzhak Sapir wrote:

Perhaps. I mean, without a specific inscription I wouldn't know. But, in order to
name such a specific inscription he has to (1) name one, then (2) to
show that we
know that it is not complete, then (3) to show that we know that it is
not honest, then ...

How about Ramesses II's records of his "victory" at Kadesh, when we know from other sources that it was at most a matter of salvaging some honour from what was nearly an ignominious rout? No need to appeal to the Bible for confirmation, we have that from other archaeological records.

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)