b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] tsav latsav...qav laqav

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Medina, Vincent" <VMedina AT cbcag.edu>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] tsav latsav...qav laqav
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 16:45:03 -0500

Karl:

Thanks for your helpful response. I am uncertain however about the
origin of tsav. Is there anywhere else that this term appears where the
meaning is clear? I am assuming that you, and others, are deriving this
meaning for tsav from mitzvah. Are you certain that that is possible? It
is easy to see how one may derive the meaning "line" from qav, but tsav
is more difficult.

Regards,

Vince Medina