b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] tsav latsav...qav laqav

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jim West <jwest AT highland.net>
  • To: Medina Vincent <VMedina AT cbcag.edu>, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] tsav latsav...qav laqav
  • Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 11:41:56 -0400

Hi Vincent-

I actually think Isaiah is mocking with the phrase here- uttering nonsense because Judah is being senseless. So, if they won't accept his sensible word from Yahweh perhaps they will accept some senseless muttering. I think the context too bears this out- and some of the commentators too go in this direction (as you have noted). Others will doubtless disagree.

Best

Jim

--
D. Jim West