b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] ? David's palace in Jerusalem

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yigal Levin" <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] ? David's palace in Jerusalem
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 09:24:48 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Heard, Christopher" <Christopher.Heard AT pepperdine.edu>
> But what is a 6th-century bulla doing in a 10th-century layer? Did I
> miss something?
>
> Chris

Every time a read a newspaper article about somthing that I know something
about, I realize that even the most well-intentioned reporters invariably
get some things wrong. Which should serve as a warning against totally
believing anything one reads in the paper.
In this case, Mazar may have mentioned the seal in another context, and the
reporter misunderstood. Or whatever.

Yigal