b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] HYH Paradigm. Help please?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "David Kummerow" <farmerjoeblo AT hotmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] HYH Paradigm. Help please?
  • Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 09:10:41 +1000

Maybe try:

Bartelmus, Rüdiger. HYH: Bedeutung und Funktion eines hebräischen 'Allerweltswortes'. ATS 17. St. Ottilien: EOS Verlag, 1982.

Although the title implies the autor is chasing meaning and function, you'd think he should deal with the paradigm itself. (I don't have access to the book so can't check.)

David Kummerow.

I am trying to reconstruct the HYH paradigm (vowels and all).

1) I want to start by getting all the attested parts
2) And then use linguistics to fill in the missing bits

all help much appreciated.

If you know of an attested form could you add it to my list below and provide a reference, please?

waw.hateph-patakh.yodh.he.hireq.yodh Gen1:16
aleph.segol.he.yodh.segol.he Exo3:14