b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Fwd: Re: YHWH

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Sujata <shevaroys AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Fwd: Re: YHWH
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 19:22:36 -0700 (PDT)

It is fairly obvious from the following verses who the
"other gods" are......

Deuteronomy 4:28
And there you will serve gods, the work of men’s
hands, wood and stone, which neither see nor hear nor
eat nor smell.

Deuteronomy 28:36
“The LORD will bring you and the king whom you set
over you to a nation which neither you nor your
fathers have known, and there you shall serve other
gods—wood and stone

2 Kings 17:29
However every nation continued to make gods of its
own, and put them in the shrines on the high places
which the Samaritans had made, every nation in the
cities where they dwelt.

2 Kings 19:17
17 Truly, LORD, the kings of Assyria have laid waste
the nations and their lands, 18 and have cast their
gods into the fire; for they were not gods, but the
work of men’s hands—wood and stone. Therefore they
destroyed them.

1 Chronicles 16:26
For all the gods of the peoples are idols,But the LORD
made the heavens.

Isaiah 44:6-8 "Thus says the LORD, the King of
Israel, and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: 'I am the
First and I am the Last; besides Me there is no
God...Do not fear, nor be afraid; have I not told you
from that time, and declared it? You are My witnesses.
Is there a God besides Me? Indeed there is no other
Rock; I know not one.'" (Isaiah 44:6-8).

Best wishes,
Sujata