b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] VERBS. Was " masorete pointing v's LLX transliterations"

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • To: Rolf Furuli <furuli AT online.no>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] VERBS. Was " masorete pointing v's LLX transliterations"
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 22:59:54 +0100

On 25/07/2005 22:42, Rolf Furuli wrote:

Dear Peter,

I am sorry but I cannot comment on your arguments below. Our views regarding linguistics and classical Hebrew are so different that I see no purpose in any discussion.

Rolf, let me make this clear. I have stated that there is a fundamental logical flaw in your argument, that it simply confirms your initial a priori assumption (that there are two semantically distinct verb forms rather than fouror five). This devastating critique basically implies that your work is valueless. And you are not prepared to answer my critique? That sounds rather like an admission that you don't have a leg to stand on.

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)