b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Asher-Verb Formula in Biblical Hebrew Narrative

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Mark Wessner" <wessner AT telus.net>
  • To: "B-Hebrew (ASCII) (B-Hebrew (ASCII))" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Asher-Verb Formula in Biblical Hebrew Narrative
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:04:15 -0700

Some of you may be interested in reviewing the first draft of my
dissertation that explores the existence and function of the unique
"Asher-verb formula" found within various evaluative contexts throughout the
Hebrew text. The formula appears to be a literary technique that employs
the single/repeated use of the relative pronoun )$R often in combination
with a formal indicator (MY K, for example) and a repetitive preposition.
An example can be found in the three-fold use of the Asher-verb formula in
Deuteronomy 34:10-12.

If this sounds of interest to you and your research/teaching, and if you
would be willing to review the draft and provide me with comments, please
contact me offlist at mark AT wessner.ca and I will email a copy of the
document to you.

Thanks!

Mark

Mark D. Wessner (mark AT wessner.ca)
Ancient Wisdom, Modern Faith (www.wessner.ca)
American Public University System (www.apus.edu)
Colorado Christian University (www.ccu.edu)

  • [b-hebrew] Asher-Verb Formula in Biblical Hebrew Narrative, Mark Wessner, 04/14/2005