b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] National punishment (Karl's query) re. NQH L)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Sujata <shevaroys AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] National punishment (Karl's query) re. NQH L)
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 19:51:24 -0700 (PDT)

Ezekiel 18 explains very clearly how this punishment
works.

In the case of Achan, we do not know the role played
by members of his family, the item was found in his
tent and his family lived in that tent. Eventhough
nothing is said about Achan's family's role in this,
based on Ezekiel 18, I would assume that they did play
some role and therefore received the punishment.

Best,
Sujata