b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] God vs angels in Ps 8:5

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: awohili AT aol.com
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] God vs angels in Ps 8:5
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 17:27:48 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Crick <ben.crick AT argonet.co.uk>
To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
Sent: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 20:31:42 +0000

..............But "the son of man" in Psalm 8:4 is also a
specific title of God (Daniel 7:13), ....
This is no forum for discussing Christian dogma, so I'll say no more.

Agreed, but I don't find that idea in Daniel 7:13 at all, in any dogma:
"I saw in the night visions, and behold, one like the Son of man came with
the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him
near before him."

I see two actors, the Ancient of days (= God) and the Son of man. One is
brought before the other. I do not see the one equated with the other. I'm
not talking about dogma, but about a plain reading of the text.

Solomon Landers