b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] The Garden of Eden (then? and now ?)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Walter R. Mattfeld" <mattfeld12 AT charter.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] The Garden of Eden (then? and now ?)
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 13:25:01 -0500

I have determined that _one of the prototypes_ for "the Garden of Eden" is the Mesopotamian myth about Enki's making of man to work in the "Garden of the Gods" at Eridu, relieving the Igigi gods of their toil in said garden. Accompanying the article are two photos of what I believe Eden once looked like and what it looks like today. If interested, cf. the following url:

http://www.bibleorigins.net/EdenDatePalmGardenIraqHrouda.html

Regards, Walter
Walter Reinhold Warttig Mattfeld y de la Torre, M.A. Ed.
mattfeld12 AT charter.net
www.bibleorigins.net

  • [b-hebrew] The Garden of Eden (then? and now ?), Walter R. Mattfeld, 03/10/2005