b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Massorah again

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: colin AT s-m-i-t-h.com
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Massorah again
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 16:03:01 -0500 (EST)

On offline note produced one more correction:

> Actually, I think the joker in the deck is Deut 32:5, which the Mp notes
> as the only usage written thus - perhaps because this is the only instance
> in which the first lamed-was does not have a disjunctive accent.

_________

but it does, tevir is a disjunctive accent

Very true. Reading in the wee hours I mistook it for a merka.

The correct difference is that Deut 32:5 is the only case in which the
second element, the Lo), is not marked by a conjunctive accent.

Colin

  • [b-hebrew] Massorah again, colin, 02/08/2005