b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Micah 6:8

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yigal Levin" <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Micah 6:8
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 08:29:30 +0200

Perhaps the Hebrew vorlage used by the LXX read HKN "be prepared" instead of
HCN( ? Could the 3-2nd century Sade be confused with Kaph? My assumption is
that the LXX's source was in Aramaic "square" script, rather than
paleo-Hebrew. Could the Sade/Kaph transcription have occurred when the text
was transcribed from paleo-Hebrew to "square" ?

Yigal