b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] Mozilla Thunderbird mail software

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Ken Penner" <pennerkm AT mcmaster.ca>
  • To: "'Christopher V. Kimball'" <mail AT cvkimball.com>
  • Cc: 'b-hebrew' <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] Mozilla Thunderbird mail software
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 20:49:01 -0500

> I considered writing a Hebrew-to-transliterated-text and
> transliterated-text-to-Hebrew converter, either as a Java
> application or a web site.

My converter (using javascript) at
http://s91279732.onlinehome.us/convert.htm can convert from the B-Hebrew
transliteration to Unicode and vice-versa.

> 5. http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/keyboards/kbdheb.html gives the
> Windows Hebrew keyboard layout. I haven't found a way to add
> vowelization, yet.

Try it without the l at the end:
http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/keyboards/kbdheb.htm
Or http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/keyboards/kbdheb.htm

Vowels are entered using the number keys when caps-lock is on and shift is
pressed. Very cumbersome, IMO.
FWIW, the Megillot list (Dead Sea Scrolls scholars) recommends including
both transliteration and Unicode of Hebrew words.

Ken Penner, McMaster/DSS
Dead Sea Scrolls scholars' list owner,
http://mailman.McMaster.CA/mailman/listinfo/g-megillot