b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] A Modern Hebrew perspective on reading biblical hebrew(was: A Jewish perspective on reading biblical hebrew)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Noam Eitan" <neitian AT nyc.rr.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] A Modern Hebrew perspective on reading biblical hebrew(was: A Jewish perspective on reading biblical hebrew)
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 18:27:48 -0500

I'm rereading my post - I must have dropped the ball if two posters read
into it a simplistic endorsement of an intuitive-native perspective,
particularly with my "recovering alcoholic" self-deprecating imagery. My
point was about a cultural-linguistic gulf that Chris cannot bridge with the
right "comments --- that would help me to continue on the right perspective".
- Noam