b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Hatshepsut's Inscription

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Banyai AT t-online.de (Michael Banyai)
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Hatshepsut's Inscription
  • Date: 23 Aug 2004 13:49 GMT

Dear Marianne,

nobody has said on this list anything else:

Then she goes on to say something to the effect that now she
is on the throne, the snake on her brow spitting fire at her enemies, she
has "banished the abomination of the gods"--meaning those Aamu. No doubt
about
it--she claims the credit.

It is clear Hatschepsut has expulsed/banished the Hyksos/Aamu population from
Egypt. Should she have had done this following a succesfull military conflict
she would not have omitted to boast so: I have crushed/vanquished/destroyed,
etc. We all know the Egyptian propagandistic literature. It exploits even the
smallest incident.

Best regards,

Bányai Michael
Stuttgart