b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ark of the Covenant

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: MarianneLuban AT aol.com
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ark of the Covenant
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 01:40:01 EDT

In a message dated 8/18/2004 10:25:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
kwrandolph AT email.com writes:

> Elsewhere you mention that Joseph served a Hyksos pharaoh according to
> Manetho. That contradicts the picture given in Genesis that indicates that
> Joseph
> served a native Egyptian pharaoh.

Just one question--how does Genesis paint the picture of Joseph having beyond
a doubt served a "native Egyptian pharaoh"? Don't forget--the Hyksos ruled
the Delta for over a century. I wasn't born in America but speak English
with
no foreign accent at all. It's impossible to tell me from a person who
wasn't
born in the US. Do you see what I am driving at? A century is a very long
time. Your antecedants weren't native Americans, either, (inless you are an
Amerind) at some point. But do you consider yourself an American--or what?