b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Akhenaten and Hebrew religion

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Brian Roberts <formoria AT carolina.rr.com>
  • To: Karl Randolph <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • Cc: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Akhenaten and Hebrew religion
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 21:33:37 -0400

Karl,

Ex. 1:11 says the new Pharaoh set up treasure cities at Pithom and Raamses.

The land of Goshen is mentioned in Ex. 8:22 as being the place where the Hebrews were quartered. This is in way connected to the palace of Pharaoh. Again in Ex. 9:26 the Hebrews are located in Goshen, which was said to be immune to the plagues. Were the Pharaoh's palace and main army there, they would have fallen under that immunity, according to the rules of the story.

Besides, the first-born son of Amenhotep III and Queen Tiye - Tuthmosis did die before he could reach the throne. I can see how this story could have been the impetus for the death of the first-born plague in Exodus.