b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Eden

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Jack Kilmon" <jkilmon AT historian.net>
  • To: "Peter Kirk" <peterkirk AT qaya.org>, "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • Cc: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Eden
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 08:55:24 -0500

-----
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Kirk" <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
To: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
Cc: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 4:47 AM

> On 14/06/2004 22:19, Karl Randolph wrote:
>
> >Dear Peter:
> >
> >Now that you bring in science……

> >This is not a claim that ”creation science“ is science. It is not science
for the same reasons evolution is not science.

> I agree with you, more or less. Certainly evolution in terms of
> mechanisms is no more scientific than creationism because both are based
> on unfalsifiable speculation.

Again, as a scientist AND a Semitist, I will resist the temptation to
address ignorance of science in a forum designed for the discussion of
linguistics. I will only correct the error....the Theory of Evolution is
indeed falsifiable, otherwise it would not be elevated to the level of
certainity of a theory. It is just that after 150 years of collective FACTS
that the theory explains, not ONE has YET falsified it. Hopefully, y'all
know a LOT more about Hebrew than you do science. Let's stick with the
Hebrew.

Jack