b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Eden

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Banyai AT t-online.de (Michael Banyai)
  • To: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Eden
  • Date: 16 Jun 2004 08:02 GMT

Dear Karl Randolph,

discussing with my father, who is now a retired professor for Physics at the
Goethe University of Frankfurt, we convened that history is no science or at
least nothing to which applies the definition of science stricto sensu.

Making verifyable predictions in science allways involves the future and not
the past tense. Predictions about the past are no predictions stricto sensu,
or if you wish to call them predictions you need a new definition of the word.

In fact this discussion doesn´t seem to make any sense for somebody involved
in history. He is probably working in a discipline in which only partially
the exigence of scientifical working applies.

In the end, does it seem to me, that such a discussion is of little interest
for the discipline.

Best regards,

Bányai Michael
Stuttgart