b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Job & Sumer

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: <david.kimbrough AT charter.net>
  • To: <dwashbur AT nyx.net>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Job & Sumer
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 17:41:27 +0000

Dave,

Do you really think that a 4,000 year old Sumerian cuneiform poem is derived
from a Hebrew poem. One Sumerian version is dated at 1700 BC (Ludlul BĂȘl
Nimeqi), hundreds of years before any recorded Hebrew writing. The earliest
surviving version of Job are the LXX or DSS, which are, round 2,000 years
old. It seems like a slam-dunk to me.