b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] OT Translations

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Philip Engmann" <phil-eng AT ighmail.com>
  • To: "'Yigal Levin'" <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>, "'b-hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] OT Translations
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 08:52:20 +0100

Could Psalm 40:7[6] be such a case?[1]

Philip Engmann

-----Original Message-----
From: b-hebrew-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:b-hebrew-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Yigal Levin
Sent: 09 June 2004 14:34
To: b-hebrew

Going beyond that, there are many cases in which the LXX version seems
"make more sense" than the MT. In such cases, one must ask, whether this
means that the MT is corrupt, or that the LXX version was "corrected" by
redactor in order to iron out difficulties in the original.

Yigal