b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 53

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "UUC" <unikom AT paco.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 53
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 22:54:33 +0300

Dear Jason,

Would you clarify your point? wayiten with the same vowelization is found in
Gen1:17, etc

>I thought that the wacons (vav-consecutive) form of NTN נתן was pointed
differently: vayiten (with a penultimate stress and a segol in the ultima).
So, I would take the text as it is as a future tense because the vowel
quality is not shifted for the wacons.<

Sincerely,

Vadim Cherny