b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Babylonian vocalization

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Joel Nothman" <jnothman AT student.usyd.edu.au>
  • To: "Harold R. Holmyard III" <hholmyard AT ont.com>
  • Cc: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Babylonian vocalization
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:25:23 +1000

HH: The page still looks the same. You need not trouble yourself. The issue was not that important, and at least I have a new font. I noticed that in Explorer fonts, when there is a list of languages available, Hebrew is not one of them. Greek is, but not Hebrew.

In Internet Explorer, for some reason you have to install language packs, which doesn't make much sense particularly if the required tools are often already on your system.

I don't think I've ever had a real language display problem with Opera (a different web browser)... It's only 4 MB if you want to try it out from www.opera.com/download ... It does have some unresolved bugs (or at least they haven't been listed in changelogs) with punctuation around bidirectional text (ie Hebrew, Arabic), but it's quite insignificant.

- Joel