b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] Babylonian vocalization

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Ken Penner" <pennerkm AT mcmaster.ca>
  • To: <Bearpecs AT aol.com>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] Babylonian vocalization
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 09:30:12 -0400

The only online source for Babylonian vocalization I know of is
http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/view_friendly.jsp?artid=606&letter=P

The most accessible good English overview I know of is Saenz-Badillos' _A
History of the Hebrew Language_ (Cambridge UP, 1993; ISBN 0521431573),
section 4.4.

Ken Penner, M.C.S. (Biblical Languages, Greek Focus), M.A. (Hebrew Poetry)
Ph.D. (cand.), McMaster University
pennerkm AT mcmaster.ca
Hebrew vocabulary software: http://s91279732.onlinehome.us/flash or