b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] quesiton about Song of the Sea

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Joseph I. Lauer" <josephlauer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Polycarp66 AT aol.com
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] quesiton about Song of the Sea
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 17:56:41 -0500

I don't know if this is anything new, but it has been said (but I can't
remember the source) that the chariot had three occupants and the one in
charge of the chariot (i.e., the officer) was referred to as the shalish.
Does anyone remember seeing this (and the source)?
Joseph I. Lauer
Brooklyn, New York