b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew text going left-to-right in word document

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Polycarp66 AT aol.com
  • To: ben.crick AT argonet.co.uk, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew text going left-to-right in word document
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 20:01:12 EST

In a message dated 3/24/2004 7:16:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ben.crick AT argonet.co.uk writes:
On Wed 24 Mar 2004 (10:43:27 +1200), bet_yaakov AT paradise.net.nz wrote:
> You need XP and Microsoft Word XP they now have the right to left
> feature! We have had to change over as a Synagogue to these for all our
> Liturgy and Hebrew Classes.
> What you doing?

For Scripture quotations I can cut and paste from my Bible program. For
single words or short phrases in articles, I can manually enter Hebrew
text, but have to press the backspace key after each letter. To set the
text to "Right justified" also helps, as it places the cursor to the right
hand end of every new line.

*WimpWriteDir 1 from the Command Line sets everything to right-to-left mode.
To return to left-to-right, I have to enter 0 riDetirWpmiW* 8-)

There are two things you need to do.

1. Format your paragraph setting to right justified.
2. Set your language under Tools > language to Hebrew.

gfsomsel