b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Hebrew text going left-to-right in word document

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Søren Holst <sh AT teol.ku.dk>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Hebrew text going left-to-right in word document
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 10:08:20 +0100

I hope it's all right to ask for technical assistance from all you computer
wizards out there, on a purely non-linguistic problem:

A kind colleague in Jerusalem just sent me an article of his in a Word
document. The Hebrew comes out quite legibly (Times New Roman font), but it
goes from left to right. I guess his computer runs Hebrew Windows.

Is there a way to switch the direction of the document, or will I need to
look for somebody with Hebrew Windows here in Copenhagen (or just read it
from left to right, which actually is rather fun)?

kol tuv
Soren