b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Fw: WAYYIQTOL

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Fw: WAYYIQTOL
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 03:13:19 -0500

Peter:

There was a consonental pronunciation change,
was any of that reflected in the writing?

There was a certain amount of fluidity in vowel
letter usage all along, so an increased usage
may or may not be an indicator of continued
native speech. But where are the changes in
consonantal usage to indicate change in
pronunciation?

Karl W. Randolph.