b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Re: Hebrew transliteration (Lance Petersen)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Re: Hebrew transliteration (Lance Petersen)
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 01:38:50 -0500

This is a little off topic, but the tie in is the unicode reading of text. It
is only a matter of time before people read more comfortably on screen than
on paper. CRTs are the hardest to read, but I find a LCD screen often easier
to read (at least the ones that I worked with) than paper under flourescent
lighting, and I hear that prototypes of the LED screens are even better. Most
of the printing I see is for people who did not grow up with computers. I
just asked my 16 year old son, and he claims he prefers to read text on
screen. He wishes his college textbooks were electronic.

So electronic presentation on screen will be read, even long documents.
ThatÂ’s how I read Tanakh.

Karl W. Randolph.