b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Re: Hebrew transliteration (Lance Petersen)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • To: Karl Randolph <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • Cc: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Re: Hebrew transliteration (Lance Petersen)
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 03:00:18 -0800

On 21/01/2004 22:38, Karl Randolph wrote:

This is a little off topic, but the tie in is the unicode reading of text. It
is only a matter of time before people read more comfortably on screen than
on paper. CRTs are the hardest to read, but I find a LCD screen often easier
to read (at least the ones that I worked with) than paper under flourescent
lighting, and I hear that prototypes of the LED screens are even better. Most
of the printing I see is for people who did not grow up with computers. I
just asked my 16 year old son, and he claims he prefers to read text on
screen. He wishes his college textbooks were electronic.

So electronic presentation on screen will be read, even long documents.
That’s how I read Tanakh.

Karl W. Randolph.

Agreed. I am waiting for an electronic novel which I can take to bed with me.

In case some people think I am being sarcastic, I am not. I am thinking of something like a PDA but with a screen as big as its body, the size of a small book page and very high quality, and a user interface allowing pages to be "turned" very easily, plus a way to upload into it e-books (and probably everything else in a good PDA). That should be almost as easy to read as a book, even in bed.

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)