b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Electronic version of unpointed, Masoretic text

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Electronic version of unpointed, Masoretic text
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 19:16:46 -0500

Dear Al:

One option is http://www.onlinebible.org/ which has an unpointed version and
a pointed version. The unointed text is encoded as an unpointed text, not
just displayed with the points removed. This is an advantage if one wants to
do searches on the unpointed text.

It comes in both a Windows and Macintosh versions. The Macintosh version
displays neatly in columns on the screen, while the Windows version tries to
print each verse on one line of text, which I found disconcerting.

The disadvantage of Online Bible is that their text has their own encoding,
and as far as I know no other Hebrew text is encoded in the same manner.

Karl W. Randolph.