b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Ancient constructs of (public) writing

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Bogdan Gheorghita <bgheorghita AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Ancient constructs of (public) writing
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 10:18:42 -0800 (PST)

I'm trying to write a paper on the (public) writing
instances in Deuteronomy. I would like to compare the
way ancient Israelites conceived of writing to
egyptian and assyrian (at least) ideologies of
writing. And I would also keep an eye on the issue of
ancient literacy. Any ideas or pointing me to
pertinent resources will be deeply appreciated.

Bogdan Gheorghita
MDiv, Andrews Univesity
Berrien Springs, MI