b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] dating the bible

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Uri Hurwitz <uhurwitz AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Pastor Mark Eddy <markeddy AT adams.net>, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] dating the bible
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 08:52:11 -0800 (PST)

Pastor Mark Eddy <markeddy AT adams.net> wrote, inter alia:
.

..."there is no hard evidence (e.g. manuscripts) that shows that
anyone reworked previously-existing texts and then passed off their reworking
as if it were original." ...
Mark Eddy

How,then, does one explain the significant differences in the narrative about
the creation of woman between chapters 1 and 2 in Gen.? To cite just one
example of the various versions preserved in the HB.

Uri