b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] )XT, rare use

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] )XT, rare use
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 18:23:56 -0500

Dick:

For Proverbs 28:18 I read it that they would “fall in one moment”, not “for
one moment”.

In Jeremiah, I understood it to be talking about the idols, not the people
who made them. As such, the idols would be consumed (burned up) in a moment,
its futile hold would be made twisted (like intestines), for it is wood.

Have I messed up again?

Karl W. Randolph.