b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] question from parshat ha'azinu

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] question from parshat ha'azinu
  • Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 20:34:47 -0500

Dear Trevor:

When I got a list of the verses that have the -MW suffix, I then wrote down
my initial
impressions of its uses. Your questions below give me more food for thought.

In a quick search where -MW- is used as an infix between a preceeding word
and a
personal pronoun suffix, it is always appended on K- prefix. This appears to
be used
over a hundred times. It is sometimes used where one could expect the K- to
be
prefixed to the following word possibly making it emphatic, sometimes as
stand
alone, as in "Who is like you?".

What you pointed out may change my initial response.

I'll have to get back later on further impressions.

Thanks for the feedback.