b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Re: Prov. 30:19

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Rodney K. Duke" <dukerk AT appstate.edu>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Re: Prov. 30:19
  • Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 11:36:28 -0400

Dear Karl,

I have not been following the thread on Pro 30:19, but I saw your exchange below with Bryan and wanted to throw out a thought, although it might be one that you have discounted already. I have assumed that the point of contact among the examples given is the mystery about how "progress" is made:

eagle: how does it fly, move through the sky, a non-tangible medium?
snake: how does it move, it has no feet/legs?
ship: how can it move forward/follow a course in fluid?
man and maiden: how does one move/become attractive to a woman?

Rodney Duke

Message: 1