b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 15:6

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 15:6
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 22:41:17 -0500

Dear Waldo:

While context doesn’t always refer to a linguistic answer, sometimes it
clears things up such that a special linguistic answer is not necessary.

Here we have God speaking to Abram and Abram indicating that he trusted what
God said. Thus I don’t see how we need to fancy, convoluted answers when we
have an immediate context connected to the trust.

Karl W. Randolph.