b-hebrew - Re: tsav latsav qav laqav - Isaiah 28:10&13

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: SDBIBLESTUDY AT aol.com
  • To: ben.crick AT argonet.co.uk, b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: tsav latsav qav laqav - Isaiah 28:10&13
  • Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 12:09:55 EST

In a message dated 11/16/2002 3:55:26 PM Pacific Standard Time, ben.crick AT argonet.co.uk writes:

If Isaiah's hearers would not believe what he told them in simple language,
then they would be told in a foreign language which they did not know: the
Babylonian language.

The view from here...

I see this to hold true to context as well, but then I wonder, how in the world did Paul come up with what his application in 1 Corinthians 14:21?  Was that fanciful re-interpretation?  Was a perversion from the LXX?  Sometimes I am really amazed at the ways that scriptures from the Tanach are applied in the NT.

Jeff Fisher
Minister,  Church of Christ
San Diego