b-hebrew - Re: Hebrew Grammar Sheet

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "frater three" <fraterthree AT lycos.com>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Hebrew Grammar Sheet
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:35:16 -0700

>I will collate the suggestions
>and distribute an updated copy to all who are interested.

I'm interested, thanks in advance.
Fernando

Play the ElvisĀ® Scratch & Win for your chance to instantly win $10,000 Cash
- a 2003 Harley DavidsonĀ® SportsterĀ® - 1 of 25,000 CD's - and more!
http://r.lycos.com/r/sagel_mail_scratch_tl/http://win.ipromotions.com/lycos_020801/index.asp?tc=7087

From iangoldsmith1969 AT yahoo.co.uk Fri Aug 23 06:26:16 2002
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 11:23:44 +0100 (BST)
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Ian=20Goldsmith?= <iangoldsmith1969 AT yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: History of Hebrew Grammar.
To: b- hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>

Good Morning.

Would anyone you be able to recommend a book, paper or
online source that gives a good history of the
grammatical system that we use today?

There seem to be books on the Masoretes, The Grammar
of Gesenius etc, but I would like to read something
showing the progression of the system i.e., how Hebrew
grammar was formed over time.

For instance why were early grammars in Arabic and who
were the first documented grammarians? When did the
vowel points start to appear and who was responsible
for the them?

If you can be of any help I'd be very grateful.
Many thanks.

Ian.

=====
Ian Goldsmith.
England.

Dibrah Torah kilshone bnei-adam
'The Torah spoke in the language of ordinary men.'
Berakot 31b