b-hebrew - RE: Ex nihilo? Was Raqiyah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <Yigal-Levin AT utc.edu>
  • To: "Bill Ross" <BillRoss AT norisksoftware.com>, Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Ex nihilo? Was Raqiyah
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 10:00:15 -0400

Not really. This discussion is about day 2. Day one implies that God
created the primodial mass (or mess) of heaven, earth and water, although
this is an interpretation. But then, what isn't?

Yigal

At 08:25 AM 7/22/2002 -0500, Bill Ross wrote:
>If this is off topic, then please ignore.
>
>But in light of this discussion I wonder what in Gen 1 gives one *any*
>cause to view this as a description of creation ex-nihilo? Clearly it is
>"out of water," no?
>
>Bill Ross
>BillRoss AT norisksoftware.com
>

>---
>You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as: [Yigal-Levin AT utc.edu]
>To unsubscribe, forward this message to
$subst('Email.Unsub')
>To subscribe, send an email to join-b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu.

Dr. Yigal Levin
Dept. of Philosophy and Religion
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
615 McCallie Avenue