b-hebrew - Re: bereshit (translations) Was: Paul

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Ian Hutchesson" <mc2499 AT mclink.it>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: bereshit (translations) Was: Paul
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 01:50:32 +0100

Paul,

>I found the entire referenced post inflammatory,

If we put aside this reference to a previous comment of yours, what problems
do you have with my last post??

>especially the last line.

My last line read:

>>"You have convinced yourself..." is typical flame
>>material, and the content is simply wrong.

If I was not clear, the content was your conclusion that I have convinced
myself of the matter we were discussing. This is (still)
simply wrong.

>I trust that the moderators will note that, when asked, I responded with
>dispassionate rationale for my statement.

Anyone carrying to comment, please, just to let me know, did you find "the
entire referenced post [ie my post which Paul is
referring to] inflammatory"?

("Re: bereshit (translations) Paul" -- a couple of hours before Paul's.)

Thanks,

Ian