b-hebrew - Re:Correction

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: gds AT dor.kaiser.org
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re:Correction
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 15:43:53 -0800

Dear List:

Offline, I have found that one detail of my post was amiss. It seems, that
Joseph Blenkinsopp is more Catholic than Jewish, and I stand corrected. I
have
never met Dr. Blenskinsopp except for seeing him one time at SBL meeting. A
colleague told me he was Jewish some years ago, and it seemed to make sense
given the nature of his book so I accepted it. But, I do hope the idea that
canonical criticism is a more potentially ecumenical perspective on reading
still stands. Guess I should have known in that he teaches at Notre Dame. A
mistake now and then, is a good thing, I guess.

Gary

  • Re:Correction, gds, 03/19/2002