b-hebrew - Re: lationship between b-nouns and clauses

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Ian Hutchesson" <mc2499 AT mclink.it>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: lationship between b-nouns and clauses
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 17:03:29 +0100

How do people see the relationship between b-nouns
and the clauses they govern? I have heard people
talking of constructs but as I understood, such a
relationship is really one of noun to noun, yet it
is clear from some of the examples that I have put
forward that this is clearly not the case as we are
dealing with complete clauses (though this seems
invariably with time phrases and never with other
qualified phrases). So, do you see these clauses as
governed just like a construct relationship or are
these a different type of relationship? I simply
don't know, have no position, and would like to
know what people think.

Ian