b-hebrew - RE: lationship between b-nouns and clauses

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Paul Zellmer" <smdirect AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: lationship between b-nouns and clauses
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 12:10:06 -0500

I do not see "b-nouns" governing clauses (or absolute nouns, for that
matter) at all. "Governing" does not describe the relationship at all. The
"b-noun" is not the most important aspect of such a structure, nor does it
limit the action of any associated activity. If anything, what is
associated with the "b-noun," whether expressed or implied, governs the
"b-noun," as it does limit and control the application of that word.

I have looked at your examples and have found any focus of attention on the
"b-noun" is misplaced.

Paul Zellmer