b-hebrew - RE: Sacrifice.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk" <Peter_Kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: "'Jonathan D. Safren'" <yon_saf AT bezeqint.net>, "'Biblical Hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Sacrifice.
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 00:37:48 -0000

What evidence can you give of it being an accepted fact of life? Can you
quote any example other than the daughter of Jephthah who wasn't even an
Israelite? I would say that the evidence is that it is not forbidden
only because it is something which no good Israelite would have dreamed
of doing.

Peter Kirk